Sunday, January 17, 2010

Felony and Mayhem


We've been loving our new streaming Netflix player. I don't think that we are going to ever read again. :) We've really been stuck on The Albert Campion series. I had read these when I was young, and am really enjoying these. I went to the library to pick up some of them to read and discovered a press of which I was previously unaware. It's called Felony and Mayhem, and their vintage series specializes in mystery/detective fiction published prior to 1965. Through their suggestions I have discovered some new (to me), and promising fun authors similar to Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham, and Dorothy Sayers. They suggested Edmund Crispin and Elizabeth Daly--both of whom I have never heard of, and am looking forward to getting to know. They have their books broken out into helpful categories. Happy browsing!

ps. I can't post about mystery novels without mentioning my all time favorite, Martha Grimes. She is just so good. The Richard Jury series is fantastic, literary, and the characters delightful.

No comments: