Friday, February 29, 2008

"I found a big truffle in that place you remember"

At Costco right now you can get truffle butter for only $2.97! It is one of the most delightful sensations that I have ever had in my mouth. It's more than a taste.

I just ran into an article about truffle madness, and loved this conclusion:

"The trifalou [truffle hunter] said that when he finds especially good truffles, he visits the cemetery where his father is buried. His father hunted truffles just ten days before he died at the age of 88.

"There, at his father's gravestone, Agnello said he says something like, 'I found a big truffle in that place you remember.'"

On a $7000 truffle.
Or how about a "white-truffle-enhanced $270 baked potato at The Four Seasons".

This makes me appreciate Wegmans even more now, with their $999.99 ($62.50/oz.) a pound truffles... they are practically giving them away!

Julia Child said that she fell in love with truffles in France. Well... I fell in love with them at Costco.

1 comment:

WondrousPilgrim said...

can you imagine how good the GOOD ones must be! oh my!