Thursday, February 28, 2008

Giving

I was listening to the short part of the Presbyterian liturgy that my pastor gives while the offering is being collected. He says it every week, but it struck me these last couple of weeks particularly.... That when you give what is easy to you, it is ingratitude at its highest. That is not at all what he says, it's my interpretation of it... but I feel like I often am guilty of this. So I am endeavoring to give my time and energies to things that I am not naturally inclined to... like keeping up regularly with my dear friends. It's odd, b/c it brings the dear one to mind more frequently, and increases the delight... and for some reason when approaching it, I find it a daunting task. One would think I would be naturally inclined towards it.

No comments: