Wednesday, September 27, 2006

MEP: Calendars and exhibits

It's that time again:

The leaves are just starting to turn. The night air is cool enough for a sweater. And the summer reading racks in your local Borders are being replaced by scores and scores of calendars.

Of course there is always a trade off involved with buying a calendar: do I buy a pretty one? Do I buy a practical one? Vain as I am, I usually end up buying a pretty one, and hoping I remember when and where I have to be.

Luckily, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is always inventing news ways to bring art into everyday life, has designed THE BEST WALL CALENDAR EVER. I reapet: BEST...EVER.

It has ample room for the comings and goings of each person in the family. And each month we're greeted by a new design of the Met's on collection. Even with only two people at my house, we'll be so much better off with this!

----------------------------------
As long as I am at it, the MET also has some outstanding exhibits coming up:
*Set in Stone: The Face in Medieval Sculpture. September 26, 2006*February 19, 2007
*Cezanne to Picasso: Ambrose Vollard, Patron of the Avant-Garde. September 14, 2006*January 7, 2007
*Children's Book Illustrations. October 17, 2006-January 7, 2007.
*Americans in Paris, 1860-1900. October 24, 2006-January 28, 2007.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Can you recommend any of the authors who will be at the National Book Festival this weekend?